Wednesday 21 April 2010

Robin Ball talks Socialeyes


















Hello I’m Robin Ball creator of and resident dj for the Socialeyes parties. And i thought you might like to know a little more about me and the ideas behind Socialeyes.  

I have been involved in the dance music industry since the early 90’s and have worked on all sorts of music events from small clubs to big festivals but I feel that the best surroundings to hear great dj’s in is in an intimate space with a solid sound system, a relaxed vibe and a vibrant atmosphere, so I made it my goal to start a night with that concept, and in May 2006 Socialeyes was born!

Since then there’s been many great nights, the best for me being the five boat parties, the most recent holding host to Justin Robertson who went down a storm!
Up until now the parties have been kept low key and promote on a word of mouth system but now it’s time to let more people in on the vibe, which brings us to the first party at the excellent Corsica Studios in London! Corsica was recently voted “Best Small Club” in DJ Mag and just this month was voted “41st best club in the world” in DJ Mag! It’s the perfect venue for Socialeyes for many reasons, firstly it has two rooms so we can push our eclectic music policy on lovely Funktion One sound systems, also it has good lighting, an old skool warehouse vibe, and it’s run by a forward thinking management with a good attitude to music! Come and find more reasons your self on 29th May.

The Socialeyes concept is a strong eclectic dj line up of the best underground talent playing for an alternative crowd who want to have fun and let go to a sound scape of diverse well programmed electronic dance music. I believe strongly in good music programming so the night flows well and I put a good deal of thought into that. For the opening night on 29th May in one room we will be covering techno, techouse, electro, Detroit, acid house and anything in between, played by myself alongside legends Justin Robertson and Colin Dale and one of house and technos brightest hopes Max Cooper, the other room will be a mix of dubstep, breaks, beats and bass with myself under my new alias Robin Beats alongside two of dubsteps best names, Bar9 and Rob Sparx, plus the mighty Elite Force who is on top form at the moment riding high in the Beatport charts and ripping up clubs wherever he goes. This is a line up I am very proud of and it’s going to be a treat!!!

Watch out for forthcoming interviews and mixes from the other djs playing on the 29th May.

No comments:

Post a Comment